The drive is short. No getting away from it. Estates and saloons do poke out slightly from the edge but the road at this point isn’t straight and you don’t obstruct the road. If you have more than one car, I’m afraid there’s no room on street here. I have the facility to use the car park at the back of the Reading Rooms and full instructions are in the porch.
We are situated 20 minutes from Cambridge. Great Gransden is perfectly positioned that traffic cannot be heard from motorways. The village is not on any through or main route and enjoys relatively quiet roads. However, all main facilities are within a 2-5 minute walk of Number Eleven; we have a well-stocked shop, Post Office, pub (closed at present), church and playground.
Further written instructions available upon request once you have booked.
- There is off road parking on a gravel drive for 1 car, although a second can be parked on the road.
- There are 3 steps into the house. The ground floor is all one level, the first floor is up relatively steep steps with handrail.
- There is a step down into ‘Silverdale’, the back bedroom.
- All rooms are well illuminated with controllable heating.
- Please read instructions with regards to the open fire if you intend to use it and exercise caution.
- Please use the fireguard when not in the lounge and extinguish before retiring to bed.
- Smoke alarms situated downstairs and up. Fire blanket and 1st Aid kit in the kitchen.
- Small step out into back garden, flat patio, small step up onto lawn.
- Step over side of bath/shower to enter, rubber mat provided.